EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT FIRM)
SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR NICARAGUA’S EXTERNAL TRADE
The Government of the Republic of Nicaragua has received a 2244/BL-NI Loan from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and intends to allocate a portion of these funds to hire consulting services for the "DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTION OF A NATIONAL POLICY TO PROMOTE INVESTMENTS IN NICARAGUA."
The consultancy aims to "Develop a Policy to Promote Domestic and Foreign Investments, as well as develop a strategy to endorse the Investment Promotion Policy through a diffusion and consultation process with the economic sectors, civil society, institutional actors that facilitate awareness and consensus of this Policy, with the purpose of increasing domestic and foreign investment in strategic economic sectors considered by the National Human Development Plan (PNDH, for its acronym in Spanish) and other emerging sectors."
Requirements of the consulting firm:
• The firm should have done consulting work related to the formulation and promotion of public policies.
• The firm must have staff with experience in international trade, at least 5 years of professional experience in legal issues, preferably in areas related to business climate, investment development and attraction, international negotiations, intellectual property, simplification of procedures, international arbitration, links with primary, secondary and university education and national development policies (attach resumes).
• The firm must have at least ten years of incorporation (existence) as a firm.
• 10 years of experience in issues related to the formulation of investment projects.
• Mastery of methodologies for the management of workshops with heterogeneous groups.
• At least 3 studies linked to the profile of the consultancy.
• The publication of studies conducted by the firm is considered very positively.
• The firm must be a country member of the IDB.
The Program of External Trade Support invites eligible consulting firms to express their interest in providing the requested services. Interested consulting firms must provide a letter of intent and information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of personnel with appropriate expertise, etc.)
The consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Policies for the Selection and Employment of Consultants Financed by the Inter-American Development Bank (GN-2350-7).
Those interested can request more information at the address listed at the end of this notice, during normal business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Expressions of interest and supporting documents should be sent to the address below no later than FEBRUARY 1st, 2012.
Ministry of Development, Industry and Trade (MIFIC)
Attn: Ana Fabiola Castillo A.
Kilometer 6 Carretera a Masaya
Tel: (505) 2248-9300 ext. 1053
Fax: (505) 2248-9300 ext. 1211