Call for the Formulation and Promotion of a National Policy for Investment Promotion in Nicaragua
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT FIRM)
SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR NICARAGUA’S EXTERNAL TRADE
The Government of the Republic of Nicaragua has received a 2244/BL-NI Loan from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and intends to allocate a portion of these funds to hire consulting services for a "STUDY TO IDENTIFY THE NATIONAL AND FOREIGN INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN NICARAGUA AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIFIC INVESTMENT PROJECTS. "
The consultancy aims to "develop a portfolio of projects in 10 departments of Nicaragua, which allows for the attraction of investment from national and foreign capital.”
Requirements for the consulting firm:
• The firm must have done consulting work related to the identification, evaluation and formulation of investment projects, including the preparation of pre-feasibility studies.
• The firm must have staff with experience in the development of investment projects, at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of Project Development, preferably in issues linked to sectorial development and local economic development, taking into account the regulatory framework and business policies of the country (attach resumes).
• The firm must have at least ten years of incorporation (existence) as a firm.
• 7 years of experience in issues related to the formulation of investment projects.
• Mastery of methodologies for the management of workshops with heterogeneous groups.
• At least 3 studies linked with the consultancy profile.
• The publication of studies conducted by the firm is considered very positively.
• The firm must be a country member of the IDB.
The Program of External Trade Support invites eligible consulting firms to express their interest in providing the requested services. Interested consulting firms must provide a letter of intent and information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of personnel with appropriate expertise, etc.)
The consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Policies for the Selection and Employment of Consultants Financed by the Inter-American Development Bank (GN-2350-7).
Those interested can request more information at the address listed at the end of this notice, during normal business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Expressions of interest and supporting documents should be sent to the address below no later than FEBRUARY 1st, 2012.
Ministry of Development, Industry and Trade (MIFIC)
Attn: Ana Fabiola Castillo A.
Kilometer 6 Carretera a Masaya
Tel: (505) 2248-9300 ext. 1053
Fax: (505) 2248-9300 ext. 1211